Sunday, September 30, 2007

AF vs NAVY

Yesterday we drove down to Annapolis to see AF play Navy. Unfortunately, AF lost in a good game.

The weather was beautiful, hot actually and we're all a little sunburned. There were 4 or 5 other families from Brad's graduate class that went, too. We sat on the lawn in the end zone...it was good for the kids because they weren't confined to a seat. Prior to the game the kids were able to slide down the hill on cardboard boxes. I think that was the highlight of the day for them. Oh, and petting the AF Falcon...the real bird, not the mascot.

Classmates of Brad gave their son his first haircut...a mohawk...colored blue for the occasion. They also let their two year old swear...as long as it is in context...such as "look, doggie shi@#*&#!" NICE! This is the boy I am trying to protect my girls from.
It's "cool" to wear an old jersey if you have one...not "cool" for the actual player to wear his old jersey but "cool" for his wife/girlfriend to wear the jersey. It made me feel a little like I was in high school wearing my boyfriends letter jacket...but it was definitely the thing to do and while I would feel completely foolish wearing the jersey anywhere else (I even passed on going into Starbucks on the way to the game because I felt silly) I was stylin at the game!
Despite not being obvious Navy fans, you have to appreciate the patriotism you experience at a meeting of two military academies. Brad was recruited by the naval academy...I think he is glad he didn't go there just because of their white uniforms! It felt very "Officer and a Gentlemen." But who picks white? All white? Down to the shoes. That is just cruel for a 18 year old boy...keeping all white clean!

No comments: