Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Biggest Loser

Man, do I ever find this show motivating. I wish I could watch it at the gym...I think I would work out twice as hard.

I love to follow the personal stories of the contestants. I always justify my own personal weight issues by thinking, "hey, I'm less then some of their goal weights!" Terrible I know, on the flip side I also find myself so thankful for my health and my physical ability to exercise.

The best thing about this season, Sami Brady is hosting! Well, okay...Alison Sweeney as she wants to be called, whatever (we all know she is Sami at heart). Unfortunately, I find myself liking her...and if you watch Days you know that it's all about loving to hate her (not that I ever watch that trash). Regardless, she is so much better then Caroline Rhea...who kept gaining weight during the season, ironic, huh!

Anyone else watching? Anyone willing to put some bets on who will win? I'd like Neil to have a lot of success...he is so young but the heaviest contestant! I also like Phil and Jerry. I can't wait to see their transformed bodies...I'm trying to be down 10 pounds by the season finale...my own weight loss challenge riding on the coat tales of their enthusiasm and motivation.

4 comments:

Mom To Jacob & Allison said...

We just got done watching the last 1/2 hour. We've never really watched it before and I'm pretty sure Eric doesn't really want to make a habit of it. But, I'm really enjoying it! I totally wish that I could say that I excercise - but I can't! That said, I was a little turned off last week w/ such huge weight loss amounts. I was pleased to see some more realistic numbers this week. Weight loss for the long haul is hard work and reality is not that show and it's slow coming so it was good to see that part of it too. Since I only saw last week's episode and I can't really remember too much (that was waaaay too long ago), I'll have to hold off until next week to make a prediction.

The Draper Family said...

I love this show too!! I'm also totally impressed with how hard they work...
I think it is one of the best shows on TV because instead of glorifying bodies that aren't too realistic, it shows what hard work and healthy eating can do. We, on the west coast, haven't watched tonight's episode yet... Can't wait!

nilvento said...

It's always the men who lose big! I'm rooting for Isabeau and Kae.

Although, for the men, I'm rooting for Jerry and Bryan.

Anonymous said...

I don't really watch the show, but I see the ads and I think it is the best show on TV. A reality show with a positive goal for it's contestants. "Sami" would be a great addition to she show.

Who says Days is trash? No one really dies they all come back from the dead. Everyone forgives each other no matter what horrible things they have done to each other. Their lives are fast forwarded and then when they should be like 50 years old they have a baby and seem like their just around 30. It's all realistic and believable. :)

Sherry