Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Inspiration

Just about a year ago my friend and former college roommate, Jaylynn, attempted her first sprint triathlon. I was privileged to live near her when we were in the Seattle area and we had the chance to rekindle our friendship. When I discovered her involvement in triathlons I'll admit I was extremely surprised as my memories of her from the college days didn't include great athleticism. But I do remember she always had a huge heart...and triathlons are more about heart and determination then athleticism.
It's 6:26am on the west coast as I type this and my dear friend is only minutes away from her first Half Ironman! YES...that is correct, today she will swim 1.2 miles, bike 56 miles and run 13.1 miles! She starts at 9am and hopes to be done by 4:00pm...7 hours of exercise! She has been my motivation as I've started this sport, too. I've been told by some of you that I'm inspiring...Jaylynn truly is...she just hasn't been cool enough to start a blog so you can follow her journey!
I wish I was there to cheer you on girl...I know you'll kick butt! I think you're insane, and that is why I love you so much.

No comments: