Friday, September 14, 2007

Ready for tomorrow!

Today was not a great day. I'll spare you a lot of details. Amongst the bad though were a lot of God's provisions.

I found Brooke screaming and with a face covered in blood today in the bathroom. After my initial panic, a call to the pediatrician and a phone call to my friend (poor Melissa, I called her when Mckenna needed to go to the hospital, too) for her opinion...I determined that the gash to her forehead, caused by the corner of a drawer that she opened, could probably be treated with a butterfly band aid. If I took her to the ER (the ped. said they don't do stitches) I think at most she would have gotten a stitch, maybe 2, and more likely some surgical glue and the same butterfly band aid.

Ideally I would have liked her to get a stitch or a little glue, but I didn't think that it would change the scarring outcome significantly to warrent everything that it would have required for me to take her to the ER. I definitely think it will leave a mark, but hopefully not more then a chicken pox scar...and if she wears bangs you won't see it. I'm tempted to peak at it but I don't want to remove her band aid...so I guess I'm just waiting and praying.

This is what she does if you ask to see her boo-boo.

The second small blessing of the day was the recovery of my credit card. I realized today that it was missing, for about 24 hours. I started to retrace my steps and look through everything. I was feeling sick to my stomach at the thought of loosing the card and the implications and hassle.

On a whim, I decided to go back to the bank where I had used the ATM on Thursday morning, it was the last time I knew I had the card. I pulled up to the drive thru window and asked the girl if they had any type of lost n found for credit cards. She said "did you use the ATM?" When I nodded "yes" she smiled and said, "We have about 50". And guess what...I was one of the mindless people that pulled away from the machine despite the beeping warning me to remove my card. I was so relieved and thankful I decided to check.

There seemed to be a ton of other anecdotal events that I could relay, but the two previous alone have made me tired. I'm ready for a new day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Brooke! You've had more problems with stiches in the 4 months you've been in NJ than the 3 years in WA. I think you never should of talked about how lucky you've been so far:) Take care! Kate

Amy said...

At least your girls will be able to encourage each other about any scar issues that come up and they won't be alone in it. Hang in there! Brooke and Henry are twins now! When you get a chance look at my summer vacation in my archives. I owe you a huge thank you! Thanks for our summer vacation!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Gavin sliced his face on a cell phone hanger when we were in a Verizon store. I was pretty sure it didn't need stitches, but it left a scar on his cheek. I'm trying scar cream... not sure if it works or not. ;)