Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pre-K

Yesterday was Mckenna's first day of Pre-K. She will go three days a week in the afternoon, which works nicely with Baileigh's school schedule of M-F, also in the afternoon. The only complication was trying to pick up Mckenna (Baileigh takes the bus) during Brooke's afternoon nap. My neighbor's daughter is also attending this Pre-K program and her son takes an early nap so her conflict is with dropping off her daughter. See where this is going. I hinted at carpooling, she jumped on board and now I'll drive to school and she'll pick up! YIPPEE. PERFECT. That means I'll drop the girls off and return home by 1:00ish and I'll have until 3:15 before Mckenna returns! Brooke will go down for her nap around 1:30 so that means that 3 times a week I'll have almost 2 hours in my house alone! Let's just pray the kids don't change their nap schedules!

It's kinda pathetic that excites me so much. But you moms know what I'm talking about. It's one thing to get out of the house alone...but isn't it more of a rarity to be alone in your house? My dilemma will always be to do the practical or indulge and do my own stuff!
We're still growing out Mckenna's hair. Not sure what the goal is...but she decided she wanted it longer, "maybe like Baileigh" was her comment. I miss her cute bob, but I'm getting used to her new look.
Doesn't she have a mischievous grin?! It definitely goes with her personality
The backpack...she likes it but she still pouts that I put her initials on it instead of her name. How do I explain my rational..."Mommy doesn't want some perverted man to be able to read your name on your backpack and pretend he knows you and try to snatch you off the playground." So I guess I'm just the bad guy for now, she can add it to her list of being frustrated that I make her wear a bike helmet.
She sat down and folded her hands and crossed her feet then informed me she was ready for her picture.
I put this picture on for myself to remember what her scar looked like at this point and to compare in the future. Her hair is covering some of it, but I can see enough that I'll remember. I'll confess that I still see it, every time I look at her. I wonder if or when I won't. Or if or when it won't upset me in the back of my mind. It was 3 months ago yesterday, I suppose in light of that it is looking better. Today was a bad "scar day" for mommy...that's for another post.
I was touched that Mckenna told me she wanted to take a picture with me. I think she just likes to see how the timer works on the camera.
Mckenna with our neighbor and buddy, Julianna, at school.




1 comment:

nilvento said...

Mel~

Cute pictures! I also struggled with putting Chelsey's initials on her bag, so I can relate to the whole name thing.

I'm sitting here with spit up on my shirt and in sweats, so I can totally relate to the whole 2 hours alone thing. Good for you!

Car pooling is a wonderful thing...now to find someone on Chelsey's field hockey team to team up with...tee hee hee