Monday, September 22, 2008

Stinky Dog

Our Golden Retriever, Jonah, is truly one of the sweetest dogs ever. He was an abused dog we rescued and he has the most gentle demenor...unless you are a squirrel or a deer. Jonah's major downfall would be his odor. I don't know what that dog does when he goes outside but for the past few years he stinks!!!! We think he developed the habit of rolling in deer poop in our former house...we have less deer around here but he has found something that makes him stink. In addition his breath reaks!!!! My very sensitive preganancy nose can't handle his smell anymore. Last night I woke up and within seconds could tell that Jonah had wandered into our room and snuggled up on the floor beside the bed. I literally had to get up and send him out of our room at 3am.

So that means this afternoon it was bath time! Now the house smells like wet dog but it is still an improvement from his previous odor. He also got his teeth brushed and special doggy breath mints. I'm not sure how long the effects will last but I'll enjoy it in the meantime. And the girls were a huge help with his brushing and bath so I think he'll be getting frequent baths as long as I'm pregnant and he is stinky!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing Jonah stands still for them. When do we get updates pics of the house?? I hope all is well.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I love Baileigh's face in the photos! Her scrunched up nose tells the story of his stench..hehe. That's nice that the girls were able to help.:o)I hope his cleanliness lasts a long time for you.