Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Day of School

Yesterday was Mckenna and Brooke's first day at their preschool. Mckenna is in a young 5's class/jr. K three times a week and Brooke is in a 2 1/2 year old's class twice a week. They go from 9:30-1:30...sweet! And I only work in a classroom once a month...its a co-op but there are over 10 classes of various ages so there are a lot of parents to rotate.
The girls were all fine with using last years backpacks since they were in a new school! A benefit to moving!
"I go to school and see my fwends!" Brooke was pretty excited about her first day...she is so anxious to be a big girl like her sisters.
The gang on their way to school...not sure why they are all bending like this...I think they were trying to lower themselves to Brooke's height and I think she bent over, too.
Mckenna enjoys her role of big sister when Baileigh isn't around. "Hold my hand Brooke, I'll help you find your class!"
My girls are all so big...I can't believe we're starting all over again with a baby in the spring. Three years between kids feels like a huge age gap considering that Baileigh and Mckenna are 21 months apart and Mckenna and Brooke are 29 months apart. I guess 36 months isn't too much more...but right now the idea of a baby kind of overwhelms me. I guess I should enjoy my two free days a week a lot right now!
Making herself at home in her new classroom.
Both the girls had a good day. Brooke came home and fell asleep immediately. We get home around 1:50 and we have to pick up Baileigh from school at 3:40 so it gives her a few hours for an afternoon nap. Yesterday I enjoyed my free time with some shopping. Today I ran a few errands and came home and cut the grass. There were a few times while I was working in the yard where I panicked and looked around for a kid, forgetting they were at school.

No comments: