Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our Adventure

When I picked Baileigh up from school on Friday we headed over to the lake in our neighborhood to enjoy a snack and check out the trails and the playground.
The majority of the girl's snacks went to the ducks and the huge turtle with her babies.
My attempt to get a picture of the three girls...I give up.
This area of our neighborhood was a huge selling point to me...they did such a nice job creating a scenic area around the pool and clubhouse with tennis courts, playgrounds and jogging trails.
Baileigh insisted I take a picture of this butterfly. She wants me to "make it big" and put it on her wall.
The playground wasn't very big but the girls were in one of those really imaginative moods and playing well together. This hippo was the croc from Peter Pan and they were all trying to escape.


It was a beautiful afternoon and considering I had a bunch of freshly painted baseboards at home it was a great way to stay out of the house and give them time to dry while we enjoyed the weather.

3 comments:

beukelman blog said...

what a great park and pond! i'm jealous! looks like it will be a great place to spend lots of time.

i don't have your email - would you email me at jamibeukelman@hotmail.com so i can put your email on my list? =) thanks!

Kathy said...

Ohhhhh, it's beautiful! Tell them to visit Mississippi - we have real alligators! : ) Really though - looks like you will love it there. I'm a bit jealous too - we have the bayou... not quite the same.

Anonymous said...

Love your butterfly shot! niiice! :o)