Saturday, September 06, 2008

Holding It Together

In the midst of all the craziness and mess due to our remodel I'm trying my best to hold "normal" activities together. On Thursday we headed over to Mckenna and Brooke's preschool to meet their teachers and check out their room. Mckenna could technically start K this year with her late August birthday but we've decided to put her in a Jr. K program and give her one more year. The primary reasons were the fact that it would space her and Baileigh out one year, K is full day in VA, and with the changes of our move and the baby on the way we thought it would be a year with enough transitions.

Her program is T/W/TH from 9:30-1:30. I like 3 longer days instead of 5 mornings. Brooke will attend a 2/3 year old class two times a week. The program is a co-op so having them both enrolled enables me to work in their classrooms without needing to find childcare. And on the days I don't work it means I have 2 days a week from 9:30-1:30 all to myself! Yippee. I'll probably spend 1/4 of those days at OB appointments...but I won't mind considering I'll be alone. I finally called an OB in the area, I thought considering I'm just about 12 weeks it was time. My first appointment is on the 16th...I may deliver at a military hospital for the first time, it could be very interesting!

My camera is MIA right now so I'll have to wait to post some pictures of Baileigh with her teacher at an ice cream social and the latest with the house. The new carpet upstairs is a huge change...everything looks (and smells) clean and new. The kitchen is drywalled and taped and has started to be mudded. We're at a holding point because the hood delivered to go over the oven was 36 inches and should be 30 inches. Hopefully a replacement hood will be sent later this week. We were also sent a few trim pieces for the cabinets that were the wrong color so we have to wait on those as well. In the mean time we'll finish the ceiling and sand it so we can get it painted.

We're both running out of steam. I see the end in sight and occasionally feel a second wind coming on...Brad seems completely overwhelmed and stressed with the details and the fact that he has thrown out his back to some degree isn't helping anything. He is going to have a busy week at work so I'm going to try my best to do whatever little things I can around the house to make progress. I started stripping the foyer wallpaper this afternoon but didn't get far since I ran out of wallpaper stripper. That means another daily trip to Lowe's or Home Depot! The kids will be thrilled! Not.

No comments: