Friday, September 19, 2008

Props to my Hubby

I just need to take a minute to sing the praises of my husband. This home renovation thing has worn us both out. I know have the kids and pregnancy as my excuses for exhaustion...but I really almost think Brad has it rougher with a new job, new commute, neglected bills, 12 hour days in the Pentagon, getting chewed up all day and then returning home to a frazzled wife and a "to do" list a mile long and deadlines looming.

I think we've done pretty well holding it together. For the most part it hasn't caused too much tension between us...we've had a few heated discussions but the majority of any emotional explosions have usually been the result of frustration with a specific project that isn't cooperating.

Our household goods arrive in 11 days which thrills me in some ways and freaks me out at the same time. I don't see us having everything pulled together in that time frame which wouldn't be the end of the world but it would be nice to be closing this chapter and just start unpacking our things and getting settled.

My washer and dryer are up and running again...10 days without being able to do laundry was a headache. I was one day away from finding a laundry mat. The new laundry room is 80% done and just needs the trim put back down on the floor and the doors hung. Last night we laid out the kitchen and had to brainstorm how to overcome a few problems with the size of our cabinets. Our hands are still tied as we're waiting for a few trim pieces. We were hoping they would arrive yesterday but now we're told Tuesday...which totally stinks because Brad is going out of town Tues through Thursday. We're going to see what we can do this weekend and get as far as we can without the trim pieces.

The front hall is almost done as well, no more wallpaper and the paint and trim is done and I think it looks good. A great improvement from the wallpaper. I'll post some pictures this week. So back to my initial thought, I want to sing the praises of my hubby for his late nights and hard work. I know that his enjoyment of home improvement projects is probably dwindling at the current moment, but he is doing a great job and I'm proud and appreciative of all his hard work!

No comments: