Monday, September 15, 2008

My Day

I've been feeling frustrated with the fact that we have so much to accomplish around here but that I'm not capable of doing a lot of it at this point...that means Brad works 12 hour days and then late nights trying to keep us on schedule.

Today I really felt like the need for some exercise as well as the desire to accomplish something the help Brad. After looking out at our junk pile on the deck I decided I would get a pretty good workout if I started moving some of that junk to the driveway. We've had about 5 quotes to have the junk hauled and they have ranged from $300-$700. The $300 quote was based upon us having the junk in the driveway...if not, his quote was $600. Our deck is on the second story and its not possible to back a dumpster up next to it so everything would have to be carried off the deck and around front. We've yet to decide what we're going to do but I figured that if we haul it ourselves it would have to eventually come to the front and if we hired the $300 guy it was based upon the junk being in the driveway.
The majority of the cabinets are still on the deck since they were too large or heavy for me to carry alone, but I got 80% of the boards, drywall and old flooring. The drywall was heavy and falling apart after sitting outside for two weeks in some heavy rain. A lot of it was covered in mildew. My goal for the day was to not cut myself on any of the nails. I spent a little over three hours and kept telling myself that I was saving us $300 and that the money would buy the bar stools I want from Target for our new island. I probably should have just been thinking that I'm saving $300 off our total debt but that wasn't nearly as motivating! I was also thinking that I was making about $100 an hour if we were paying someone else and that that was more then I usually get paid hourly as a stay at home mom!
I'll admit that I'm pretty sore and tired tonight. I felt great at first, but I'm thinking it may be like the first day back at the gym when you push yourself too hard because you feel fine at the time. I think I'm going to be feeling it tomorrow!