Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is Brad's birthday! He doesn't really get a chance to celebrate and he had a rough morning at work. All his text message said was that he was told that the confirmation of the Secretary of the Air Force was delayed until he could produce some classified documents...asap! He didn't really even have to be at work this morning since he was flying out of town this afternoon but he decided to go into his office for a few hours to work on a few things. Next thing he knew he was busy putting out this fire that almost made him late for his flight.

He barely made it to the airport in time and my guess is that right now he is probably somewhere over West Virgina asleep on the plane. He has to go to Scott AFB in St. Louis until late Friday night so any type of birthday celebration will have to wait until Saturday. I guess his gift for the next few days is getting a good nights sleep and not having to stay up until 2am working on a house project.

Tomorrow will be busy...our granite counter tops are being installed in the morning. While they are here I'm going to have to slip out for an hour and go to my first OB appointment. I went last week but it was essentially an intake appointment where I filled out a hundred forms denying that I have any type of communicable diseases and agreeing to have my blood tested for all the tests that I just denied having! Tomorrow I'll have an exam (fun, fun) and meet with a midwife. Brooke has to go with me so I'm dreading the exam part with her present saying "What Dat, Mommy! Why de do dat?"

Despite the fact that this is my fourth pregnancy a lot of things are new to me because I'm going to a military clinic where I'll primarily see midwives and then I'm probably going to deliver at either Bethesda Naval Medical Center in Maryland or DeWitt Military Hospital on Fort Belvoir in VA. I've had 3 great deliveries in nice civilian hospitals so I'm a little hesitant about this but at the same time I know that my surroundings really aren't too important and that I'll probably only be at the hospital 24-48 hours. Knock on wood.

If I'm trying to find a silver lining in Brad being gone for a few days when we have a ton to accomplish before next Tuesday it would probably be the fact that the next few nights are some much anticipated season premiers! Brad isn't too interested in most of the premiers so it will give me the freedom to watch TV without any guilt. I'm planning on doing every kitchen/family room project I can tackle on my own from 8:00-11:00pm every night so that I can watch TV while I get some things accomplished. So I guess that means I'll be painting the trim around the windows tonight. Will it ever end?

I'll post a few pictures this weekend. I want to wait until the counters are installed and we put the appliances in place. Our big focal point...the glass tiled backsplash, won't be done for a few weeks, but I'll post a picture before then.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello there! I've been reading your blog for awhile now, but never commented before (I got your link from Lisa at Triple Trouble.) I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful family! I love the pic of your gorgeous daughters with their Daddy! Congratulations on your pregnancy! We're a military family, as well (Army), so I know what you're going through with the move & all the craziness. Currently, we're living right outside of DC while my husband attends medical school at Uniformed Services University in Bethesda (located on the same base as the Naval Medical Center.) Anyway, just wanted to say hello & let you know that I'm reading!

P.S. I'm enjoying all the season premieres this week too!!!!

Tylertopia said...

Happy Birthday to Brad. Hope he does get some much needed rest. You have so much to do over there...I hope you get some peace too! As for the military birth, don't even sweat it. I heard so many horrible stories before having Kael at Madigan and it ended up being a blessing to have him there. Even with his "ear situation" everyone involved had the wisdom to handle everything perfectly. Ayden was born in a civilian hospital (in AZ) and it was a true nightmare. Don't get too nervous about it being military...it could turn out to be a great experience. :o)

Abundant Joy said...

Hi, Hope Brad got his birthday message from us. We called him on Tuesday. Love Ya'll