Monday, April 21, 2008

TU Girl's Weekend

I spent this weekend in Upland, Indiana reliving my college days with some of my closest friends from those years. Nine of us were able to get together this year for the annual girl's weekend. This was only my second time being able to attend but it still felt completely natural to be around that group.

Friday night some of us met in Indianapolis for dinner while a few other girls were still on their way.
A trip to Ivanhoe's is a must for any TU reunion weekend. 100 shakes and 100 sundae's on their menu. That explains the Freshman 15! They also have seasonal strawberry shortcakes that are amazing...I learned that they fry their shortcakes...that explains why they are so good!
This is (was) the smurf house...this was my off campus home for my senior year with 4 other girls.
The bell tower in the center of campus.
The gang...Jen, Heather, Jodi, Becky, Traci, Me, Suzi, Amy and Jana.
I'm hoping its not another 10 years before I get to go to my next girl's weekend. We talked about a big trip for our 40th birthday's in 6 years...hopefully I'll make it to that trip at the least. I figure if I just show up every 5 to 10 years they won't be tired of seeing me!

5 comments:

Amy said...

It was so great to see you! Thanks for the fun pictures! Thanks for making such a huge effort to come out and please thank Brad and the girls too!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I'm so glad you got to get away for the weekend... hope you enjoyed that solo flight too ;)

Anonymous said...

You all look fantastic! I'm so sorry I had to miss it - I think we've chased away the nasty strep bug now! Miss you all!
Larsey

Kathy said...

Seeing your pictures is SO fun, Melynie. I'm glad you guys could all do that together!!! You almost don't realize how important it is, until you see each other again. It's more than a trip down memory lane... much more. Thanks for the pics. It sounds like a much needed break to clear your mind before your upcoming PCS. Glad you had a great time - it was fun to see familiar faces that I hadn't thought about in years as well. NINE of you - how cool is that?!

lovin' life said...

What fun!! I loved the photos and the re-cap. It looks like time has been kind to everyone; no one seems to have changed. I envy your trip to TU.

Last weekend I had a reunion of my own when Angie came to visit. Good times!

JayLynn