Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Therapy

I don't know what it is...but I have always found arranging flowers to be therapeutic. Perhaps its the rather instant gratification of creating something beautiful to enjoy. I love any excuse to feel justified to buy and arrange some flowers. I'm really not that great at it, but it's fun anyway.

On Thursday my Mom's group at our church is having their annual cooking contest. While I should be putting my efforts into a recipe I've been busy distracting myself with ideas for decorating our table. We decided on the theme of a "spring brunch" which means we wanted to leave it fairly open to interpretation. I thought some spring flowers would be nice on the table. While talking to a friend this morning she mentioned an idea for an arrangement that she saw in a magazine. That is where this idea began but based upon her description I think mine probably looks very different...I like it though. I originally envisioned the arrangement to be lower and more rounded, but once I began this is where I ended up and I think it's not too shabby. Especially when I tell you that the entire thing cost $17.00 and that includes 3 smaller vases as well! I already had the huge vase...but that is still a good deal for the fruit and flowers.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

very hip and pretty! Isn't it fun to lose yourself in creating something? For me, it's card-making, as you know. I love these kind of mini-vacations....:)

Amy said...

I love it! So you get to teach the floral class one year!

Kathy said...

Nice work! It really does feel therapeutic... I love that. Yellow is so fresh. Wish I was at your table. : )

Mom To Jacob & Allison said...

It really does look just like the picture! Good job - what team work! :o)

beukelman blog said...

very fun! i agree with kathy - wish i was at your table, too!