Monday, April 28, 2008

34!

Today I am another year older! Awaking to the commotion of 3 young children and two hungry dogs whom I all moderately ignore until my first cup of coffee makes me feel every day of my age.

But that is okay. I don't mind being 34. Or the chaos I awake to most mornings. In fact, I know it is truly a blessing...at least after a cup of coffee. 35 may be another story. But I'll enjoy my last year being in the 30-34 bracket on surveys.

We had a quick double celebration last night, Baileigh had her AWANA awards program and completed her first book in sparks so cupcakes were in order for her accomplishment as well as my birthday. It was a good opportunity to wear the official family birthday hat in the privacy of our own home instead of out in public. Tonight I have something at church to attend so we're going out for dinner but then I'll head to church while Brad takes the girls home and puts them to bed...which is a gift in and of itself!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 34th Birthday! Enjoy that bracket for one more year, it's all down hill from there...ha ha. You look so happy in the photo, I hope that life continues to bring you the joy you felt there.

Stephanie

LDraper said...

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Kate

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy your special day! Great picture! The family birthday hat is a great idea! So thankful for you!

once upon a lifetime said...

Hey... don't forget your night doesn't end after Church!!
We all can't wait to go out (eat badly at that hour) and celebrate your b-day with you- you old lady!!!!!
Opps, I guess you are my age now, so........ you spring chicken is what I meant to say!! :)
Happy Birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Have a GREAT DAY!!

Sherry

Chelle said...

Happy birthday...love the family birthday hat too! :)

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Happy Birthday Melynie! You look so great. It's fun to read about Brooke... Gavin is doing the same thing with his diapers, except he actually takes them off himself sometimes!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I like your TU sweatshirt! :)
love,
Larsey

Abundant Joy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! Hope you had a great day. Love ya'll

molly said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I turn the big 3-4 today (the 29th). I've already awoke to the kids having fun with the idea of their mom's birthday.

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday! Nice hat.

Melodie said...

Hope it was a great one!

lovin' life said...

I've been out of town for the last several days and missed out on your blog. Sorry it's late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are beautiful!

JayLynn

Triple Trouble said...

Happy Birthday! Only 2 1/2 weeks late. Sorry :( I haven't been blogging for a month or so. I'm getting back into the game.