Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ocean City

Yesterday we drove down to Ocean City to meet up with my friend and her kids. We spent a day at the beach with them earlier this summer and Baileigh has been talking about wanting to use her boogie board ever since!

Since this is our last week before school begins we squeezed one more fun beach day into our calendar. The weather was beautiful, right around eighty and the tide was out so the water was perfect for the little kids.

Mckenna and her friend Allison, working on a castle.
I was so proud of Mckenna for braving the water. She is a little more timid in the ocean then Baileigh. But she got her board and decided to test the water. She started very shallow but eventually got up the nerve to venture out a little deeper. Occasionally I would loose her visually but I was able to spot her within seconds because I could hear her screaming with excitement amongst the 100 other people in the water!
The girls laid on their boards and talked for the longest time. This must be a gene females are born with.I forgot Brooke's bathing suit...so she liked pretty PWT in her swim diaper and t-shirt. It didn't stop her from having fun, though. In fact, she discovered some holes in the sand dug earlier by other kids and decided it would be a lot of fun to roll around in them. My friend said she looked like a piece of shake -n-back. She had sand EVERYWHERE!
Just chillin in her sand seat.
Brooke kept informing us she was covered in sand. She seemed a little aggitated by it...but would then go roll around some more in the hole. I tried to keep her clean for about the first 30 minute and then gave up. I knew it was time to head home when she started sucking her sand covered thumb and wanted to cuddle. Yuck!

No comments: