Thursday, August 30, 2007

Why I'm Cranky

My girls usually all sleep through the night.

This was last night:

I went to bed at 11:30.

2:00 Mckenna is crying. She wet the bed. A rarity. Back to bed at 2:20 after I strip the bed, wash her down, change her clothes and put her in the other twin bed in her room.

2:40 I'm almost asleep. Baileigh starts calling me. She had a bad dream. I think this is a first. She wants me to stay with her for awhile.

3:00 Brooke starts crying. I wait. The crying isn't going to stop. I'm still with Baileigh so I leave her room to go to Brooke's room.

3:10 I put Brooke back in her crib. Not sure the issue but after a few minutes of rocking she is settled. Or so I think.

3:40 Brooke again. This time I run downstairs first and grab a milk cup. I'm not sure what her issue is so I try a clean diaper, mylicon, and gel on her teeth since she has some new molars. I figure one of those may help.

4:00 I flop back in bed.

4:01 I burnt my boobs. I actually did this 2 days ago at the beach...but for whatever reason they are killing as I lay in bed. Apparently my suit was about a half inch lower in the front then normal and I have a small bright red stripe of sunburn. I stumble out of bed and fumble around our bathroom cabinets with some dim light from the closet in search of aloe.

4:05 Back to bed with some relief.

4:20 I think I just fell asleep. "MOMMY". Mckenna. She woke up to pee this time but was a little disoriented because she wasn't sleeping in her normal bed anymore...I moved her after the bed wetting.

4:27 PLEASE, GOD...LET ME GO TO SLEEP. Why can 3 girls who normally sleep 12 hours without waking all decide on the same night to wake up several times!

5:55 God listened, I guess I didn't specify how long I wanted to sleep. Brooke is screaming. Back to her room. Hope she isn't getting sick.

6:09 I wake up asleep in her rocker. She is asleep in my arms.

6:10 I think obscenities as I walk back to my bedroom when I notice the sun is rising.

6:11 I collapse in bed. I realize that even if I fall quickly asleep, Brad's 2 alarms are going to go off in about 40 minutes. I turn my alarm off. I must have been tired...I don't remember his alarms.

7:00 I feel Brad give me a kiss good-bye. I groan and mumble about it being a long night. "Why? What happened?" I want to hit him but I'm too tired to lift my arms. Men.

8:15 Mckenna is at my bedside trying to wake me up with her stinky breath . She crawls in bed and watches cartoons while I manage about twenty more minutes of restless sleep.

8:52 Coffee. Not really helping.

8:54 Throw a load of pee soaked bedding in the washer.

9:39 Blogging about my night while I drink my coffee and wait for the washer. Brooke is still sleeping. I'm jealous. If she isn't sick we're going to the gym this morning. I need something to help me wake up!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

UGH! Oh, man. I can relate to this post. It makes me so mad to get broken sleep. Benny actually woke up crying last night, too, with a stuffy nose. I wasn't very comforting, I'm afraid. I thought it was so funny when you said you were "thinking obscenities." HAHA! You're so funny.

nilvento said...

Wow...even I didn't have that rough a night with the 8 week old...he's finally starting to get into a schedule...up only once at 5am and then back down at 5:20am and then up at 7:30am...of course now I have jinxed myself into your hellish night!

Anonymous said...

I think that God has them do it all in one night so that you are only out one night of sleep instead of three. Do you ever wonder what would have to happen to make guys actually move at night?

Sherry

Traci said...

I liked the part about Brad. Seriously, how can men sleep through everything?