Wednesday, August 08, 2007

On This Day...

The Beanie Baby craze was taking effect. Tickle me Elmo was the hottest selling Christmas toy. The dancing baby was circulating online. The Macarena was a hot dance. "You might be a redneck" jokes were beginning. The Crocidile Hunter became a household name. The DVD was introduced. Pokeman and Blue's Clues were new to the world of entertainment.

It was 1996.

It was eleven years ago.

August 4, 1996. I met Brad.

August 6, 1996. He called me at work to ask me out.

August 8, 1996. First date. Dinner at Chevy's restaurant. The Pike's Peak Rodeo. Cried (happily) on the step in my apartment after we said goodnight...I knew this was completely different then anything else I had ever felt.

August 9-12, 1996. Dates.

August 13, 1996. Talked about marriage.

It's amazing that despite the whirlwind of events and thoughts that I experienced that week, eleven years ago...I can remember things like they are in slow motion.

I'm flying to Denver on Friday to meet up with Brad (he is out of town) to attend a wedding of a buddy that was one of our groomesman. Nana is keeping the girls. It will be fun to spend a few days without the girls in Colorado, where it all began...eleven years ago today.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Have fun, and what a beautiful love story you two have! :)

Anonymous said...

Ummm. I left you a comment about this post, but it ended up on the "getting over myself" one? Not sure what happened. Anyway, it was meant to be posted here...on this one. :o) So, I am thinking it was probably kinda weird to read my comment over there, cuz it has NOTHING to do with that post...LOL sorry.