Friday, August 31, 2007

Pretty Ironic

Last night my husband played poker with the 15 guys from his graduate class. This seems to be a monthly social night. Around midnight, on his drive home, my husband was pulled over on suspicion of a DUI. My husband doesn't drink. He was the only guy at poker night that wasn't drinking. In fact, about 4 or 5 guys were spending the night at the hosts house since they were excessively drinking.

So why was my husband pulled over? Apparently because he was going too slow and driving on the white line by the shoulder. I'm LOL right now because these are two things I'm always nagging him about. I LOVE that he was pulled over for the same complaints! I guess anyone going 30ish mph in a 35mph zone looks like their over compensating for something. I guess I'll work hard to stop nagging...maybe now I can just make sarcastic comments like "I hope we don't get pulled over!"

2 comments:

Traci said...

I'm laughing out loud.

nilvento said...

Mel~

That is so funny...I also got pulled over last night...why?? I didn't have my lights on...

I was driving Joe's car and thought his was also set up just to turn on at dusk...apparently not...At least it was just turning dark when we got pulled over. I think once he saw I wasn't drunk, he let me off with a warning.