Friday, August 17, 2007

Happy Birthday - Hawaiian Style

Mckenna's birthday is on the 19th, but we celebrated early with a backyard luau! I was thinking about the fact that Mckenna was born in NJ, celebrated her first birthday in Oklahoma, sang happy birthday in Washington for her second year, her third birthday was a party on the road while visiting Michigan during Daddy's deployment, and her fourth year of life is marked with a party back on the east coast where it all began. I wonder where she'll turn five? I don't even know if it will be in this country!

The theme came based on Mckenna's request to have friends over to play on the water slide for her birthday!

Three of the girls we invited couldn't attend, but it ended up working out great having a smaller group...the slide can't accommodate too many more then we had.
Baileigh's present to Mckenna was a big hit with all the girls...it's a doll with hair you can style.

Mckenna asked that I make her a hula girl for her luau...I guess I watch too much Ace of Cakes and thought that I was capable of similar results. She turned out okay, but I learned some things, like the fact that I can't make a flower and I should color my frosting with special pastes and not liquid food coloring! She tasted good though and the girls liked the brown sugar for sand.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Awesome cake! Good job! I made one of those once, but not a HULA GIRL! Too cool. And, I must say the cute bellies of the other hula girls are too cute, too. :)

Amy said...

I *love* Ace of Cakes! So fun! Your cake was great!

Anonymous said...

What a great birthday! I think the cake looks great.
Sherry

Mom To Jacob & Allison said...

It was a great cake! I applaude your efforts! My latest cakes are all bought! I cannot deal w/ the stress of my lack of creativity!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I am very impressed... I don't even think I could make a regular cake. ;)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Happy birthday, Mckenna! We miss you!

Love, Coley, and Jalyn

Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed the fun...it looks like everyone had a great time. We hope to celebrate with McKenna soon.

Danielle and Emma