Friday, August 31, 2007

Sugar Free

Tonight, as I graze on a few Dunkin Donuts, I am hours away from my sugar free challenge. I decided to give up sugar September 1st until my husband's birthday at the end of the month. Oh, and diet cokes and coffee!

I'm going to be a lot of fun this week!

As diligent as I'm going to be, I'll allow myself to eat whole wheat bread and have natural sugars in fruits, etc. I'm cutting out the obvious processed sugar things as well as the sodas and lattes.

I'm going to use my blog as accountability. The last time I threw out the idea of challenging myself I ended up doing 5 triathlons! So I'm hoping this has a similar effect. I'm hoping the byproduct is that I feel good...after the withdrawal and detox and maybe loose a few pounds.

Now, back to my final indulgence...a chocolate frosting filled powdered donut!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I've thought of doing this, but haven't yet. I'm curious how people do it, because something healthy like yogurt has quite a big of sugar. I guess I wouldn't know what or how to eat and cook, etc. If you have any tips or resources for what you're doing, I would be interested. It will also be interesting to hear about the difference, if any, you notice in how you feel.....

Triple Trouble said...

Mmm, powdered chocolate cream-filled are my favorite. Now you've got me craving! Good Luck. I think I'd just have to throw out all the food in my house and start over.

Lisa