Friday, June 29, 2007

A Day At The Beach

Yesterday I drove down to Ocean City with my friend, Melissa, to meet up with two other girlfriends (Katie and Shelly) and their kids...four mom's, ten kids, seven kids five and under. Busy.

I actually managed to get a picture with seven of the kids from our group. It was impossible to get all of them in one place together.

Since Brooke overcame her fear of the water earlier this week she was all about the water. Unfortunately. I was counting on her digging in the sand all day...but she had other plans. It was a hot day in the mid 90's so the water (which was actually fairly warm) felt great. Brooke thought so, too, and kept me busy as she was continually wandering off into the water.

Baileigh, my fish, spent the entire day in the water. She loves the water!!! She had the chance to learn how to ride a boogie board with her friend, Emma. She couldn't get enough of it and has since asked me a hundred times if she can get her own boogie board and go back to the beach.

Mckenna was great about leaving her hat on all day to keep her face covered. She can be a pretty independent player at times and spent her day doing a little bit of everything...primarily exploring and making sandcastles. We had a great day despite getting a little too much sun. The only thing that would have made the day better is if Daddy could have come, too.

2 comments:

Tylertopia said...

Fun! Wish it was nice enough around here to go to the beach...umm, well I actually wish we had real beaches here too! hehe. I guess that's what we go to Ocean Shores for...

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I was just thinking the same thing! I am the biggest beach fan EVER... how lucky that you all get to play in the cool water and hot sand. Wish we could play with you!