Monday, June 04, 2007

The Persepective at Five

Life through the eyes of a five year old can be pretty amusing.

Yesterday, for example, was filled with a ton of questions from Baileigh regarding baptism. We talked throughout the afternoon about the topic. At bedtime she was going to the bathroom and lost her balance as she sat down on the commode. She said to me, "Mommy! When I sat down I almost fell in the toilet." My comment was, "be careful." "Mommy, if my bottom had gone in the water it would have been like it was being baptized!"
_____________________________________

A few days ago I caught her riding her bike without her helmet on. This led to a lecture from me on bike safety. I elaborated on the fragility of the human brain and how injuring it can be much more dangerous then a skinned knee or breaking a bone. She was curious about the implications of a fall that impacted the head so I gave an example of how if she hit her head hard enough she could loose the ability to talk amongst other things. She thought about this for a second and then said, "That's okay, Mommy, I could do sign language."

2 comments:

Tylertopia said...

LOL. I love that girl! Funny that she thought her bottom would be baptized. I actually laughed hard enough at that I about fell off my chair. And the sign language comment...way too funny! Be sure to thank her for the good laugh for me. :o)

Heidi said...

Lol they have an answer for everything, don't they?!