Friday, June 08, 2007

One More Month!

One month from today I hope I'm sitting here blogging about the success of my first triathlon. Tonight we went to a store called Fleet Feet to get some things that can only be exciting to someone that is doing a lot of training...new socks, sports bra, spandex, etc. This store is one of the sponsors for two of my triathlons so they had a log of signs, t-shirts and other gear promoting the events. I left feeling pretty excited and actually looking forward to my next workout.

This upcoming week I'll be attending a triathlon meeting for newbies to hopefully educate me on things that I may otherwise learn the hard way. On Thursday night I'm planning on attending my first group open water swim with a local triathlon training group.

Brad was fitted for some new running shoes. The fact that his left foot is a 13 and his right foot is a 12 always makes shoe shopping an arduous process! This store is a specialty store that had him go outside and run to test the fit...and he can run in them for over a month and bring them back at anytime for a different pair if he doesn't like how they are fitting! Very cool!

So I guess that means that despite the ninety degree plus heat tomorrow we're going to look forward to our workouts! I posted on the side one of my current favorite songs to run to...can't say I normally listen to Outkast but when I need a little motivation to keep going, it's the perfect tune!

No comments: