Friday, June 15, 2007

The Week of the Cheek

Did you ever know that a week could be completely consumed with a cheek? It's true. I've learned. Unfortunately.

Today we saw the plastic surgeon for a check up on Mckenna's cheek. He was pleased with how things look. The swelling has finally stopped and now she is just a pretty shade of yellow, green and purple. Over the next three weeks the stitches should dissolve. We can go about most of our normal routines with the exception of swimming pools (specifically chlorine) and keep her face out of the sun as much as possible. The Dr. was impressed when Mckenna told him she got three new hats to keep the sun off her face! She made Mommy look good without any prompting.

In three more weeks we have to return to the plastic surgeon once the stitches are gone. At that point we'll discuss how to help prevent scarring as much as possible. It's been a long week. Consumed with a cheek.

2 comments:

Triple Trouble said...

OMG! I can't believe Mckenna just ran into the table, it looked like she got hit with a baseball bat. Poor little thing:( Abbie said she hopes she is okay. I can't imagine the panic you were feeling. We send you all our best and we'll be seeing you soon.

Lisa

Guessette said...

Ok, so my sister warned me about what McKenna went through. (I do NOT have the stomach to view the pics, so I waited to check your blog to ensure they would not load when I opened it.)

Anyway, it sounds like what I had happen when I was around 7. I ran into the counter and had to get stitches in my upper cheek. Yes, I was lucky not to have poked my eye out, too. Although I do believe McKenna's is worse than mine.

My point...I am so glad my parents took me to a plastic surgeon, because he did a wonderful job and there is no major scarring. Two teeny weeny round scars from the ends of the string. I'm glad you were able to go to a plastic surgeon, also.

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys!