Saturday, June 09, 2007

A Bittersweet Day

Today marks the close of our small business. The past two years were a definite learning experience! We gained some invaluable knowledge and made some great memories. We also had some tough times and a lot of frustrations. Many people have asked us if we would do something like this again. I've pondered this question often and have concluded that I wouldn't be opposed to the idea, however, I would want to do it at a different stage in life when our children are older, it was our primary business, and we could devote ourselves to it fully.

When we decided to stay in the Air Force last year, we knew that the ultimate future of the store would fall into the hands of our business partners. Their decision to close shop saddens us but we understand their choice and have appreciated all the time and work they have given of themselves over the past two years.

The thing that really stinks about all of this is that for the rest of my life everyone is going to expect me to have dinner in the freezer!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I was always a fan of it. I think it was a cute store, and a great idea with awesome food. I'm sorry it didn't work out...

Kathy said...

Hey guys. I was sad to hear about this. I actually heard the news from a friend in Puyallup who was heading in for one last dinner session before closing day. You did awesome, and I was so thankful to be a part of it with you... Miss you guys.