Saturday, June 02, 2007

2 Things Changing My Life

This new house has brought with it two new amenities that are changing my life, literally.

The first is going wireless. May sound silly, but having the flexibility to grab the laptop and take it out on the deck with me while the kids are playing on the monstrosity, as I like to call it, frees up other time that previously was spent going to our computer room to get online to do banking, blog, email, etc. I know, I know...it's 2007 and this wireless thing isn't a new concept, just new to us and I LOVE IT!

The second change that is effecting me on a daily basis is the installation of an invisible fence for our dogs. We have one more training session left but already the dogs are able to roam freely around our yard. It's AWESOME. Not so much because I enjoy finding a doggie present in an unexpected location...but because they can walk outside with me when I head to the mailbox. They can run around in the yard while the girls are playing. If one of them darts out a door that the girls left open there is no longer a sense of panic. Ironically, they are still a little jumpy from the training and Ranger, who is our biggest offender in terms of escape, sticks close to the house despite his new found 1.5 acres of freedom. He is still a little leery of the white perimeter flags and hates hot weather. I think this will wear off in time and he'll play with the girls in the yard...especially when it's 70 degrees and not 90 outside!

Both of these things may seem trivial to others, but they both free up my time immensely which is literally, life changing! Now if I could only work a cleaning lady back into the budget I would be living the high life!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Hmmm...wireless. Wonder if we'll ever venture there? Your new place is way too cool! So much room to run and play! I bet the girls are loving it...and the dogs too of course.