Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Slow Fat Triathlete In Training

Today I had some extra time at the gym since Brad was night flying and got to spend the morning at home. We went to the Y and I swam during the girls lessons. Afterwards Brad took the girls out to lunch and bowling while I got another hour at the gym. So I decided since I had already swam 900 yards I would run and bike and then do some strength training. I only ran 2 miles on the track but I felt strong and I had a decent time at 18:03...I'm a slow runner and a 9 minute mile is decent. Then I rode 3 miles and was able to keep it under 4 minutes a mile. I took my rubbery legs into the weight room to do some strength training. I love to lift weights but since I stopped working out with a trainer I have neglected this aspect of my workouts, primarily due to time constraints. I tried to focus on arms and core since my legs were feeling fatigued from the swim, bike and run.

I keep debating starting a training blog so I don't bore you with my workout details. But I don't think I need another thing on my plate and other then a way to track myself I'm not sure who would care enough to read it...so I think on occasion I'll post about it here interjected with cute pictures of my kids and their funny antic so I don't loose any readers.

3 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

I just stopped by through the 5minutesformom.com party link. I enjoyed the read!

Tylertopia said...

I really think it's awesome that you are becoming so disciplined in the triathlete realm. I am pretty sure I will just be the "slow fat" part for a while...so YOU GO GIRL! And I'll always be a faithful reader of your blog, even if there weren't cute pictures. :o)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Just stopping by again from the party...making my rounds!

I have a lot of friends who went to Taylor...small world!

Good for you on that training...way to go!