Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I'm Jealous

A few weeks ago I discovered this blog which caught my eye because of its name. I decided to contact this girl and tell her that I think she is inspiring...and actually that I'm jealous of her. Maybe envious is the better word. She was very gracious and we've communicated a few times as I've asked her for advice on various things pertaining to triathlons, diet, workouts, bikes, etc. Hopefully she doesn't think I'm a crazy online stalker...and although I am jealous of her bike and her weight loss, I think I'm more jealous of her discipline!

I know that triathlons are truly mind over body. However, I've yet to strengthen my mind to the point it needs to be to overcome my body wanting to wimp out on me during a workout or a run. Right now I'm flying solo in my workouts, running and biking and I know some accountability would help. The time I had the most success was when I was meeting with a trainer and knew I had already laid down the cash and wanted to get my monies worth! At the same time I keep telling myself that if I'm doing these triathlons alone then I need to get to the point where I can keep running when I want to stop regardless of a running partner.

So every day I'm getting in the habit of visiting this girls blog to see what she did for a workout that day. I'm always amazed and humbled and inspired by her training regiment as I head to the gym to hopefully accomplish half of what she did.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You flatter me!

I do mess up a lot, too - mostly on eating, though, because I love the training part.

I highly recommend getting "The Triathlete's Training Bible" and thinking about building a plan for yourself that you can then execute on. If you're interested, I can send you a copy of my plan (it's for Ironman, so you shouldn't probably follow it, but you can use it as an example if you like).