Saturday, March 24, 2007

"I WON MOMMY!"

In a previous post from today I mentioned that Brad was out with the girls. I asked him if he could please stop by the grocery store to pick something up for me. A man of convenience and practicality, he went to the closest grocery store next door to Lowe's where he was shopping. We rarely go in this store, not sure why...just not our normal grocery store. As he entered the store he was quickly approached by an employee who asked him if the girls could participate in a contest. Apparently they were having a bunch of contests throughout the day.

I get a phone call from Baileigh. "Mommy! Mommy! Guess what! I got to be in a contest at the grocery store. I had a little shopping cart and one minute to pick out WHATEVER-I-WANTED from the cookie isle. And guess what, Mommy? I had the most stuff in my cart so I WON! I WON! I WON! And I get to keep EVERYTHING-IN-MY-CART!!!"

Here is the happy winner with her goodies. Look at her selections...rice cakes, Fig Newtons, Teddy Grahams, Cheez-Its, and Organic Oatmeal Cookies. Hello? Your five! Where are the Oreo's?! I was proud of her relatively healthy choices considering she had pick of the entire cookie isle. Disappointed, too. I would have loved an excuse to eat an Oreo!
Mckenna got to participate, too in the contest. Although she didn't win she was able to keep one thing she had selected (the Band-Aid's we purchased but Mckenna wanted me to take a picture of them)...she chose the Kashi cookies. Whose kids are these?
Once they were home I learned that Brad had participated in a pie eating contest. It wasn't as exciting as the blueberry pie eating contest in "Stand By Me", he got to use a spoon and had two minutes. I was actually impressed with how little he ate...I thought if challanged he could have eaten this pie but he only ate half.
Brad was invited to come back next Saturday for more festivities. If you live in the local area and don't have much planned next weekend you can also check out the games at the Puyallup Top Foods. Brad said it was the most fun he had ever had in a grocery store. Maybe next week Baileigh can compete in the baby isle and win some free diapers for Brooke!

4 comments:

The Draper Family said...

That is hilarious! And you should be proud of what the girls chose!!

Traci said...

What a fun post. So funny.

Heidi said...

Hehe great going girls! How cool that the girls aren't just going for the junk food too! Although I do agree with you, where are the Oreos, aren't they a staple in the cookie dept???

kim said...

The oreos are eye level, prob where she couldnt reach. They make it so that people who have weaknesses for oreos will buy them because the little kids make all the wise choices, Good Job. Too Cute.