Saturday, March 24, 2007

23 More Days

We're moving in 23 days!

23 days, people! Where did the time go? I think the combination of opening a small business, lots of TDY and a 120 day deployment, and the birth of our third daughter made our time in the NW pass in the blink of an eye. I feel like I'm turning into such a military wife as I find myself antsy after two in a half years in one location. This lifestyle was new to me when we married and I guess I have acclimated. However, adding children in to the equation is going to make the transitions tougher as Baileigh is taking this move harder then before. I don't have the heart to tell her or explain that in another 13 months after Daddy is done with school we'll probably make another move.

All that is really besides the point...the fact is that 23 days prior to our move I find myself with what may be my last lazy Saturday morning and a sleeping baby and otherwise quiet house! Brad took the other girls to meet with someone who wants to buy his truck and I'm enjoying a quiet morning with a cup of coffee, a warm fire, a rainy day, and my new issue of Taylor Magazine. I should probably be taking advantage of this time to start emptying out some cupboards and getting our life organized...but I think this is a much better use of my time.

Our house is under contract and the inspection took place last night. Brad got an offer on his car this morning and our rental contract for our house in NJ is sitting in front of me. This move is falling into place in a well orchestrated manner far beyond our capabilities. God is good and the evidence of His concern over the details of our life are always visible not only in the day to day (if I'm not too self-absorbed and busy to notice!) but as we stand in the crossroads and embark on a new chapter of life.

In a few more weeks our time in WA will be history and a page for the scrapbook. I hope we'll return someday, even if just for a visit so we can show Brooke where she was born and relive some of our fond memories of this place. I've learned to never say never since we are returning to NJ and Baileigh will attend Kindergarten in the same state where she and her sister were born! That doesn't happen too often in the military!

My sleeping baby is awake and my momentary bliss of alone time has ended. At least I got to spend a few quality moments with my blog...that means it will be a good day. Oh yeah...I still promised myself I would run 3.0 miles later, rain or shine. Oh well, at least it was a good morning.

3 comments:

threeforme said...

So, I haven't looked at your blog in a few weeks and I noticed your triatholon chart in the sidebar. Are you planning on doing all those? I'm sure you wrote about it sometime and I missed it.

Organized Chaos said...

Yep...that is the plan! I hate not being a person of my word so I figured if I signed up and committed myself financially, and blogged about it and told everyone...then I'll have to follow through!

I've been training lightly but will start my "official training in NJ. Wish me luck!

The Draper Family said...

Wow... 23 days! That's crazy!
I'm glad we'll be able to keep in touch via blogs :)