Saturday, March 17, 2007

Ouch!

We're not sure how this happened,we just know that Mckenna was in the front hall closet getting her shoes on to leave and apparently Brooke was in there, too...Mckenna said that she just fell down and hit her head on the door but we're not completely convinced that was how it all played out.

I think the instant swelling in this bump would have freaked me out if I hadn't seen almost the exact same thing on Baileigh when she was 13 months old. She fell and caught her head on the corner of a coffee table at a friends house. Instantly it puffed up and looked terrible. I found a picture of it in her scrapbook and put it below to compare.




3 comments:

Tylertopia said...

OW! I cringe to see that...Ayden had that same bump too when he was 2 years old...I was lame enough to have him standing in the shower with me (saving time before picking up Ryan at the airport) and I turned for a second...he slipped and fell and hit his noggin on the little built in bench in there. Enough said. I completely freaked out (on the inside, as to not frighten him more) called the doctor and was just told to monitor him. NOT FUN. AT ALL! It healed fairly quick but was painful to see. Poor Brooke! I hope it heals quick for her too. Why is it always the head or face with toddlers?

Hausfrau said...

Just thought I would check in and see how you all are doing. We are doing about the same. I thought I was just a bad mom. Glad to see that there are other kiddos out there with imprints of furniture, walls and fixtures on their foreheads. Really...our daughter is supervised :)
- The Wilkersons

Anonymous said...

That friend remembers the moment with Baileigh like it was yesterday. The good news is that table and ugly stripped furniture is gone and that I can't be blamed for Brooke's bump. Can't wait for you all to come back to Jersey!