Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My Baby Is 1 Year Old!

Today is the big day as you can see from the ticker above...which I know you can barely read and I'm still working on...but that is another blog. My baby Brooke is 1 year old!
It's a good thing she doesn't realize it is her special day because so far she had to miss her morning nap to spend an hour in the childcare at the YMCA, almost got barfed on by her big sister who had to make an emergency stop in the Safeway parking lot to yak up her breakfast (guess we're not over that stomach bug...oops), ran into the wall while walking, smiling and waving at Mommy, and spent 5 minutes struggling in her high chair while working on a dirty diaper that was putting up a fight. Not that special of a day...well, maybe not for her, but the occasion makes Mommy sentimental. The older girls have probably enjoyed the day more as they have wanted to relive her arrival by having me tell stories of her birth and Grandma and Grandpa's visit. I left out the delivery details so that someday they may want to have their own kids.

The real party is going to be Sunday night, but this afternoon her sisters gave her a few presents they had picked out for her...which they then opened...and then played with...who did they pick them out for?
Playing with whose new toys?
Brooke finally managed to get to play with one of her new toys!
I debated adding this picture since I have no make-up on and haven't showered since I got back from the gym...and because I noticed something in my teeth...but Mckenna took it and it's an adorable shot of Brooke with her new big tooth showing and I'm willing to give up my model image in order to share it with you!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I think Brooke is your carbon copy! She is such a pretty, little girl. And, you're lookin' good, too!! Way to go on all the working out and the triathlons! :)

Jodi

Triple Trouble said...

Hey there! Can you believe our babies are 1 already? I've been "catching up" with you since I found your blog. I love the penguin video. You have inspired me to begin a blog. I'm always telling myself that I'll be sorry that I'm not writing things down. I haven't kept a diary since high school but this seems doable. THANKS!

Lisa

The Draper Family said...

I cannot believe she's one. Seriously... feels like yesterday we were all still pregnant. Ian just turned 9 months old yesterday. Slow down life! :)

Anonymous said...

I'd notice that Gymbo shirt anywhere! Found for blog on 5MFM, and wanted to say Hi. Your daughter is adorable!