Saturday, March 03, 2007

Party Time

Somewhere I stumbled upon this post about the Ultimate Blog Party. I regret ever making the discovery because I truly don't need more to encourage me to spend time online blogging or reading blogs. I'm actually pretty good about not letting myself wander for too long into the world of reading blogs...I have my set dozen or so and try to just limit myself despite the fact I know there are 1,000 or more blogs out there that I would find interesting...but this Ultimate Blog Party completely opposes that idea and compelled me to spend some investigating other blogs.

I've decided that reading blogs of perfect strangers is a lot like people watching in the airport. There are those that you see/read that you really can't relate to for whatever reason. There are those that make you feel pretty normal in comparison. Those that you can empathize, like the mom with the crying baby...and imagine that you would probably be friends. Those that make you jealous. Those that make you realize that maybe you don't have it so bad. And those you want to be like. Although taking the time to read some of these other mommy blogs today distracted me from the exciting "to do" list that is my house...I'm glad I allowed for the diversion as it's nice to hear from other women trying to keep their sanity and yet enjoy this thing called motherhood.

Attend the party...at your own risk!

11 comments:

Janean said...

I TOTALLY understand what you're saying! It's completely addictive. :D
I'm trying to "ration" myself as well. I'm just glad I have 8 hours at work to "surf". So I can meet cool people like you!
Happy blog party week.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I LOVE your airport analogy!! I'm going to have to use that because that is EXACTLY how blog reading is to me, too.

And I won't even tell you how much time I've spent blog surfing. BUT, I'm having a BLAST clicking on blogs I wouldn't normally stumble across. I've already bookmarked a few!

Thanks for partying with us. Could you pass the chips, please? *grin*

Cyndi said...

It IS addicting isn't it? It's like people watching, from your own home! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the way you compared it to sitting in an airport. I've been sitting in this airport all morning with no pants on!

Very addictive! My goal is to visit and comment on every single blog. So far there are over 600! I've completed about a bit less than half of those!

Yours was a true joy!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

LOL! I can *so* relate to your feelings on the party. I can tell pretty quickly if I want to spend time on a blog. What I find interesting...probably because it's opposite of my personality...is how many people blog hop for comments. It's obvious they aren't reading your blog, which is fine and it's nice that they stop to say "Hello" but, it's...odd. lol The good thing about this "party" is that I have actually found a few great blogs that I would have never found otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Hi there - I thought I would stop by to say hi as I just doing the party rounds. Admittedly I had better get back to my "to do" list as well.

Jenny said...

Stopping by to visit your party! I can relate to what you're saying about all this taking you away from your "to-do" list...but then again, there's not much that doesn't draw my attention away! lol!!

mommy3 said...

I'm a fellow mom of 3, just stopping by to party! Your girls are adorable btw. How awesome that you are a triathlete mommy!

The airport analogy is so true - loved it!

Thanks for letting me stop in. You throw a great blog party! You are welcome to come by mine if you get a chance.

Kate said...

I hear ya, sister! It's been fun to meet other moms/women/wives, etc...it's addictive though so ya do have to watch out! But overall, I've found a couple that I really am drawn to! Glad I found you...have a great day! :) God bless...

Brandie said...

Hello!! It's so nice to stop by and meet you.
A happy birthday to your Brooke. I hope everyone is over their icky tummies! And I believe that airport analogy is VERY true ;-)

Darlene said...

Still making my way through the party line. Cute kids. God Bless