Friday, September 15, 2006

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Growing up we lived a few miles from the Franklin Cider Mill. We went her a ton as kids from around Labor Day until Thanksgiving (that is the extent of their season). They make the best cider and donuts. The donuts are simple, just one kind that they use the apple mash to make. But they are so good. Especially when you dunk them in the cider until they get heavy and almost break apart...mmmmmmmm.
Initially the girls were disappointed when they heard "donuts" but didn't see any sprinkles or frosting. But considering they both consumed more then I care to admit I think they quickly accepted the plain donut and realized Mommy was right, "they are yummy!"
Unfortunately there wasn't much going on at the apple mash but the girls were still fairly interested in how the apple becomes their juice.
Since this is my last post from our trip to MI I decided I needed at least one photo with my brother. Despite his "outfit" (he has taken up biking) this was a pretty descent photo of us with our babies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you girls