Wednesday, September 13, 2006

First Day of preschool

Yesterday Mckenna started preschool. She attends twice a week at the same time and same place that Baileigh attends Pre-K! So twice a week I have two in a half hours with just one child! Yahoo! As happy as that makes me, I did shed a tear as Mckenna bounced off to circle time to meet her new classmates. I was actually relieved a little...this is pretty typical for her but there have been some occasions since Brad deployed where she had become clingy and refused to go somewhere. So my tears were of joy and a little sadness.The sweetest thing was when Mckenna asked me on the way to school, "Mommy, if I need anything is Baileigh going to take care of me?" Baileigh quickly spoke up and said, "Mckenna, your teachers will help take care of you but I will be there if you need more help."
Baileigh is very proud to tell all the teachers and her classmates that "Mckenna is my sister!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! How adorable!! And I can just imagine all the "fun" that school years will bring these two buddies. There is nothing like sisterhood! They look way too grown up..... even Nana is misty eyed! Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hug my big school girls!