Thursday, September 14, 2006

Good Vs. Evil

Good vs. Evil can conjure up a plethora of images in one's mind...I could list a variety of analogies and examples from history. I'm not feeling that witty at the moment, let me just tell you like it is based upon my experiences in the past few days...

Good Vs. Evil in the Days of a SAHM:

Good - Kids sleep in until 8:30.
Evil - Kids poking you in the face at 6:50.
Good - Tom and Jerry Marathon.
Evil - Issues with Direct TV, no satellite service.
Good - Long naps.
Evil - No Naps.
Good - Everone asleep by 8:07.
Evil - Searching for the wooden spoon at 9:45 because no one is taking my threats seriously!
Good - A freshly bathed baby.
Evil - Picking up your baby from the highchair to discover there is runny poop all over their legs...and now your hands and arms.
Good - Baby eating their lunch.
Evil - Baby spitting carrots in your face and on your white shirt.
Good - Freshly cut lawn and nice yard.
Evil - Kids discovering dog poop I missed by stepping in it.
Good - Feeling like I am taking care of the house and doing a good job with it.
Evil - Getting stung by a bee in the face while trying to take care of the house.
Good - Two out of 3 kids at preschool.
Evil - Free time to shop while 2 out of 3 kids are at preschool! $$$$$$
Good - Working out w/ a trainer who kicks my butt.
Evil - Working out w/ a trainer who kicks my butt.
Good - Getting into a fall routine and schedule.
Evil - It's getting darker earlier and cooler.
Good - We're over half way thru this deployment (still not letting myself count days).
Evil - We still have a long way to go!
Good - Most of my prepregnancy clothes fit.
Evil - Most of my prepregnancy clothes are still a little tight.
Good - It's 5:37, less then 3 hours until "me" time.
Evil - Almost 3 full hours left until "me" time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just loved your Good Vs. Evil and could totally relate. That is what made it sooo stinkin' funny. Finally someone who understands "my world".
Wendi