Sunday, September 17, 2006

I'm Counting

The first time I heard "I want Daddy" this morning it made me recall my estimate and I decided to count throughout the day. By 8:51a.m. I was already at 12! A battle of wills over our new dinosaur chewable vitamins from Costco which apparently weren't popular added about 5 more to the count. Then we watched the complimentary Elmo DVD for military families focusing on deployments...not sure I give it two thumbs up. Perhaps I should have watched the section for parents first, maybe it would have warned me that watching it for the first time about 10 weeks into the deployment isn't advised. Ironically this video that was supposed to provide support and encouragement had both girls crying! Elmo even brought me to tears. And of course it added about 8 more "I want Daddy" comments. The last time the phrase was uttered was actually the sweetest and most sincere....and despite the fact it was number 31, I wasn't too annoyed by the sentiment.

Maybe my previous estimate was a bit high since I factored in 24 hours instead of just the 12-13 that they are awake. Regardless, I hear it a lot. I can't wait to hear "I want Daddy" and I can say "He is upstairs, go get him!"

No comments: