Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Going Home?

My quick trip to NJ went great! I never imagined that going back to NJ would feel a little like going home. I think we'll always feel connected in some way since we've spent nearly five years there and two of our daughter's were born there and we still have a circle of amazing friends who aren't military and live in the area.

The annual women's Christmas Banquet at my former church is so well done...thanks to the hard work my friend of who is the coordinator and all her recruits that assist her in pulling off the major event.
Nearly 500 women attended this years event. As it has grown over the years it's moved from our church to a local banquet hall.
In the background you can see the stage.
Although it was a busy few days I did have the chance to see some friends, including my friend Stephanie who learned I was hosting again this year and bought a ticket at the door on Tuesday night so she could attend and get a chance to see me.
Stephanie snagged a rare prego photo...I think I just look more fat then pregnant in this picture. Maybe my tummy was a little flatter that night considering it had been touched by nearly 100 women throughout the course of the evening ...for whatever odd reason, people feel compelled and licensed to touch a pregnant tummy!?
The chance to emcee something like this is a nice change of pace. It was so nice to go back and see so many people I know. However, it makes returning home and back to our new church a little challenging. I'm trying not to have another rough day ...which most of you thought was Baileigh, but in reality it was her Mommy. I've been so spoiled and blessed with wonderful friends. Despite all our moves I've had a pretty constant circle of friends around me since 2001. This assignment feels entirely different.

I'm not lonely. In fact I'm super busy. However, I'm still not feeling like I'm connecting with too many women. I've been all over the place with my thoughts and feelings and I think I'm slowly moving to a place where I'm seeing the various ways God may be using this stage in my life. In the meantime, I'll continue to make an effort and keep my eyes open to the women around me that may be feeling similar to me and that are perhaps in need of a friend themselves. And I'll be thankful that just 3 hours away in NJ I have a circle of wonderful friends that are close by when I need to feel the love.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Dude, you look great! What a banquet! And how great that those friends are only 3 hours away. Knowing you, that will come in no time at your new place... I know how it is... I always begin our PCS's feeling that way, but God seems to always pull through with some awesome women to hang with!

lovin' life said...

Glad your event went well. I wish I could have been there to see you in action. I bet your were halarious.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about this! You look great! Hope you are feeling well. Did you ever get in contact with Holly and Beth? The both have first grade girls. Thanks for sharing your heart and how God is using you! Your house looks amazing too!
Amy

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Thanks for the picture of your tummy... that was fast! I wish I could be your friend over there. I really do miss you. You have such a great personality and I know you'll make friends in no time.

Royal Cuties said...

Please know that your circle of friends in NJ love you very much and always consider you part of our lives even if you don't always live here. I'll keep praying for you and trusting that God has you right where He wants you.
Thanks for lending your talents to the banquet once again - according to the response cards, they liked you! :)

It was great to see you! We'll visit after the holidays.