Friday, December 12, 2008

My Sous Chefs!

The girls are getting to the age where they are actually a help in the kitchen with Christmas cookies. The con is the fact that I still have to tell them a hundred times that they can't eat the cookie dough...yet!

My mom's mixer had two beaters so I remember that I would get one to lick and so would my brother. My stand mixer has one large beater so we have to divide up the bowl, the beater, the spatula etc. I also remember that my mom would clean the bowl and the beaters almost spotless before she handed them over...so disappointing! I try to leave behind enough dough to compensate for my being deprived as a child! Sorry, mom!

Brooke is another story. For what she lacks in helpfulness she makes up for in enthusiasm and silliness. Today Mckenna and Brooke helped me make Chex Muddy Buddies...I also know this as Puppy Chow. My first memory of having this sinfully good mix was in college when Tracey Ritsema's mom sent it in a care package to 1EO. Anyone remember that? Believe it or not that was at least fourteen years ago and I'm finally making it myself!

These two are quite the duo. A silly pair and they feed off of each other. Here are some pictures of them "helping". It starts off okay...
Enjoying a stolen chocolate chip...and showing it off.
I promise I didn't use this spoon again...
Queen of silly faces.
Mixing spoons and spatula's double for sword fights!
Again...these spoons are not being used in the mix I will be serving tomorrow night to company with our Christmas cookies.

Attempting a "normal" picture...
Brooke's imitation of a cat...
Showing some sisterly love.

No comments: