Sunday, December 07, 2008

Paying the price!

Last night we had dinner at the house of one of Brad's football buddies from the academy. There were four families...all of the guys were former teammates and it was fun to hear them talking about their old glory days. Of course we watched college football throughout the evening...but the remainder of the night centered around food!

I think they bought one of everything from Wegmans! They told us we would be eating heavy appetizers but the quantity of party trays was ridiculous! There was sushi, ribs, pot stickers, wraps, dips, wings, fancy cheese trays, veggie platters, wine sampling, sandwiches etc....and these are just the things I had! I won't even discuss dessert. I didn't really think I ate much because I barely had much on my plate when I sat down to "officially eat", but the grazing throughout the night must have caught up with me.

I woke up last night sick to my stomach. Sushi, blue cheese, samples of Reesling...all not highly recommended for a pregnant woman yet I consumed them all and they are now haunting me. I'm home on the couch sick this morning after a rough night. I'm hoping it is all food related so that it will be over in the next twenty-four hours. I think Brad was sceptical this morning until he saw me running with the barf bucket (in use) through the house. He quickly got the girls ready for church and evacuated. Last night was fun, but I'm regretting some choices I made! However, a lazy morning on the couch in a quiet house snuggled under a blanket isn't the worst price to pay...it's just the trips to the bathroom I could forgo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you feel better soon. It was great seeing you at the banquet. You look great as usual.

Stephanie

Chelle said...

Hope you are feeling better!