Saturday, December 27, 2008

11 Years Ago...

Today is my 11th wedding anniversary. This is the second time since the year of our wedding that our anniversary has actually fallen on a Saturday, the same day we got married. It makes it easier to look back and think things like, "this time 11 years ago we were at our rehearsal dinner" or "I was getting my hair done" or "we were arriving at our reception" etc.

Actually...as I write this we were finishing up pictures at the church and making our way over to the reception. It's amazing how clearly I can recall that day, and yet how long ago it seems at the same time!

Tonight we're in between visits from grandparents so we have no house guests, which also means no babysitters. Brad planned a home date night. He made an amazing dinner while I put the girls to bed...T-bone steaks with sauteed mushrooms, grilled asparagus and couscous with pine nuts and chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. It was fabulous! I spent the day cleaning so right now a quiet night at home being pampered sounds just as appealing as a night on the town.Here's to the next 11 years, sweetie! They are never boring, that's for sure! Looking forward to the adventure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, what I wouldn't give for a night at home with Ryan right now. :o)It is our 6th anniversary tomorrow.

Happy Anniversary to you and Brad. I hope it is an abundantly blessed time for you guys.

LDraper said...

Happy Anniversary!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

11 years... how awesome.

JenD said...

i'm tricia's friend jen from Battle creek and Dec 27 is my 11 year anniversary too! what a great day.

Jodi said...

Happy Anniversary! :)