Monday, December 01, 2008

Back to NJ

In the next hour I'm heading to NJ to emcee the annual women's Christmas banquet at my old church. I had this honor last year and I accepted their request to do it again this year. Granted, one of my best friends is in charge of the production, but I was still asked and encouraged to return by our pastor's wife and the women's ministries director.

I can't believe that tonight I'll be standing on stage in front of 250+ women and I haven't really prepared anything yet for my first ten minutes! I have a three hour drive ahead of me today and I plan on using that time to think through everything and practice. The program is two nights with about 500 women in attendance.

I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers for the banquet itself, my emceeing abilities, and the girls who will be at home with their Nana for one day and then with Daddy who is taking a few days off to make this possible.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I know you will do a great job!

Sherry

beukelman blog said...

Thinking about you and can't wait to hear how it goes - i'm sure it will be great and hilarious at the same time!

Jenn said...

you rocked!

Three 4 Us said...

Obviously, they wouldn't have asked you to come back if you weren't FABULOUS last year! You've got such a quick wit and funny sense of humor I would imagine you will be great!

Jodi said...

You're gonna rock.