Friday, December 12, 2008

A Milestone

It finally happened...Baileigh lost her first tooth! She is seven and the only kid in her class to still have all her baby teeth. I told her she should be proud to be last because it means she has really good, strong teeth that lasted a long time!

I took a picture this week to commemorate her tiny teeth...a lot of her peers are starting to get the big awkward adult teeth so I've been cherishing her pretty smile with a mouthful of little teeth. Her adult tooth was already coming in behind the baby tooth so I'm thankful the baby tooth fell out while she was brushing her teeth this morning...I was getting ready to yank it out soon!
The school nurse gave her this little plastic treasure box in preparation for the big event. She had it hidden in a special place so she would be ready. Her other bottom tooth is loose too, so she is hoping by Christmas to be able to sing the Christmas song she heard on the radio the other day...any guesses?
There is some debate around here as to what the tooth fairy brings for a first tooth in 2008. Nearly 30 years ago I probably got a quarter. But with inflation and all...and the cost of living in this area, rumor has it that the fairy brings about $5 for the first tooth and $1 for any future teeth. The hubby and I are debating the issue...I guess it's a good thing we don't have to decide and it's up to the tooth fairy!

3 comments:

Tylertopia said...

That IS quite a milestone. I love that she had a treasure box ready for the big day! Was she scared at all? I'm thinking Ayden is going to freak out a little when it is his turn to lose a tooth...and yeah, kids really do get a pretty good financial deal for their teeth these days hu? :o)Can you imagine what it'll be when baby Hall has their turn? You might want to start saving now...haha.

Lovin' on my Boys said...

My niece Maddie didn't lose her first tooth until the summer of first grade! She almost was the only one in second grade with all of her baby teeth.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

A milestone indeed! And she's been talking about losing her teeth for at least two years! Congrats.

Also, I want to say that I had many of those same treasure boxes as a kid. They are so cool!