Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Our Tradition

We traditionally set out the day after Thanksgiving to find our Christmas tree. We weren't sure where to go this year since we're still learning the area but we found a place online...it turned out okay...but I think we'll look again next year for another place.
Inspecting the final tree choices. We really wanted to try a White Pine...but they are so soft we've heard that they drop a lot and don't hold on ornaments well...anyone experienced with a White Pine and have an opinion?
A quick picture in front of our tree. It looks a little thin up top in this picture but we managed to hide it well once we got it home.
Watching Daddy hard at work. This is the fun part, right?
Enjoying some hot cider with Nana while Daddy puts the tree on the car.
Brooke wasn't sure what to think of the whole morning...she was pretty uncertain as to why Daddy is putting a tree on top of our car.

After our morning adventure we warmed up while eating out lunch. I happened to still have my camera in my purse and the girls were being pretty silly so I thought I would capture a few pictures.
The tree is up and looks good, for now...we ended up with a Noble Fir and we've read they don't keep needles a long time so we'll see how it looks in a few weeks!

2 comments:

Lovin' on my Boys said...

You got a noble too! I love them. I can't see your pregnant tummy though. Let's take a picture of that. ;)

Kathy said...

We usually get a Noble. I love them too... Great pictures! I missed that tradition this year with Bill gone and bit the bullet on a small artificial tree that actually was a bigger pain in my patooty than a real one would have been. At least the kids will see a real one at my parents' place in 2 weeks!