Saturday, November 15, 2008

Rough Day

Yesterday was rough for one of the girls in our house. Growing pains, perhaps. There were a lot of tears shed throughout the day. I think there were a lot of pent up feelings that finally surfaced and once the floodgate opened the crying went on, and on, and on. For the most part she is doing okay, but there are days when she just isn't feeling like this is home or like she is finding a place for herself.

I try to remind her that it has only been three months since we moved here and these things take time. We pray about it and ask God for peace and contentment and guidance. I think in her heart she knows that eventually she'll make some connections, but I don't know if she believes it in her head. She is getting plugged in with her peers and they seem very nice, but for whatever reason it just isn't feeling natural to her. It is hard for her to not have any history with anyone, to not feel known by anyone. A few friends, that is all she wants. To not feel alone in a crowd. That is what I'm praying. And in the meantime, I pray she'll be content and that perhaps God could open her eyes to someone around her that may be feeling the same way and looking for a friend, too.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a better day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how she feels because I did not move as a kid or even go that far as an adult but what I do know, is that I will keep her in my prayers and have my daughters pray for her so that she knows she is loved all around this great country.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Big Hugs to all! We miss you and know that it will all fall into place. Prayers from Colorado Springs!!

Sherry

Jodi said...

Poor thing. That makes me sad! Having moved around when our girls were younger, I know how hard that can be. Tell her I will pray for excellent friends for her! :)

Jodi said...

Maybe B could pray for Ben, since his fish died yesterday. He's been doing a lot of crying, too....:(

Heidi said...

Aww hugs!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I imagine in a house with 4(+?) women, this won't be the first time the tears flow! You are doing the right thing, my friend, by establishing such a safe place for her to vent. Good luck navigating these waters!