Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast

I haven't blogged in awhile...for me! Things have been so busy. I will never think any future Thanksgivings are busy compared to hosting dinner this year since we're not only working on preparations for a houseful of guests on Thursday but also trying to complete a ton of various projects throughout the house.

In addition I was scheduled to work at the girl's preschool yesterday and then I had signed up to work their Thanksgiving Feast back at the start of the school year. Thankfully my mom is in town and while I worked at school she got a few things done at the house.

The girl's school hosts an impressive feast for the holidays. All the food is provided by the school. The kids ate nuggets, mac n cheese, carrots, grapes, jello, cheese and cookies. The teachers and workers ate the more traditional meal with turkey and sweet potatoes and some yummy desserts!

Because the food is provided by the school this event isn't open to all the parents and extended family. Because I was working I was able to see the girls and join them for lunch. Each classroom had made their own centerpieces and decorated their tables.


Such a sad little Indian...I think she was protesting eating dinner before dessert. Brooke is my extremely expressive one and this is a classic pouty face she makes!


After a morning of being on my feet all day and working in the churches industrial kitchen, then eating a big lunch...I was ready for a nap! Too bad I came home and have to mop my own floors and make my own meal!

Brooke looks nothing like her sisters. I can't really even say that they look like siblings. It makes me wonder if #4 will look like the older two or like Brooke.

No comments: