Thursday, November 06, 2008

Meet Baby "H" #4

That is "H" for our last name...not a hint at the first name. Today I went with Brad to my main ultrasound. Unfortunately our technician had the personality of a brick. She never even said hello! Maybe a total of twenty words in two word phrases. "Lay down" "Heart's Good" "Roll Over" "2 Kidneys" "The Feet" etc. I was a little annoyed with her lack of bedside manner. I kept thinking about the fact that she has no idea if this is my first child, if I've miscarried in the past, if I have a genetic disorder that I'm fearing my baby may inherit, etc. I realize this is her job and she does several a day and that she is an underpaid military tech...but geesh, does it take much effort to say hello, to acknowledge my husband and make him feel welcome, to ask if we have children already, etc.? We weren't planning on finding out the sex of the baby, but I was thinking the entire time that this is not the person I would want giving me the announcement in the tiny, hot, dark room. It will be much more exciting to hear the news and to have the motivation in the delivery room.

Anyway...I was relieved and encouraged to see and hear that everything looks good with "Baby H". It's almost a week ahead of schedule in terms of size, but nothing that is concerning. Here is a picture of "Baby H" chillin' in the hot tub with his/her (probably her) left hand up to her face.

Afterwards we had enough time to go out for a quick lunch before Brad had to get back to work. I can't believe this is the fourth, and last, time we've gone through this routine. Laying there watching the baby moving on the screen and feeling it in my stomach doesn't get old. I definitely don't have a desire to go through another pregnancy...but I feel very fortunate and blessed to have had this experience, not once, but four times!

9 comments:

LDraper said...

he/she is really cute!

Okay, so I can't really how cute he/she is, but if your other 3 are an indication... he/she will be a knockout!

So glad everything looks healthy and good!

Amy said...

So glad to hear everything went well! There is something extra special when you know it is going to be the last time--at least you think it is. ;) Enjoy every moment. I wish there was a way to tape that feeling of them moving and kicking! So fun!

Tylertopia said...

Awwww, that's so awesome! :o) I'm so excited for your family!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is well with baby! Can't wait to see pictures in March:)Kate

Mom To Jacob & Allison said...

Am I crazy or does the profile look a bit like Brooke?

Anonymous said...

Great to see pictures of the "new baby H", thanks for sharing. Now share some pictures of the "new" kitchen too. Thanks.

Stephanie

lovin' life said...

Does it seem more real now, or has it all along? Those ultrasounds always make me even more eager to meet the little miracle inside. Sorry you had a snooty technician, though.

J

Chelle said...

Wonderful!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I know what you mean... for me, with each successive pregnancy and ultrasound, and baby, I cherish those moments even more!