Monday, November 17, 2008

Before and After

We're wrapping up our 1/2 bath remodel on the main floor. Here are the before pictures...
We gutted it down to the studs in sections and ripped out the floor last weekend. We also moved the electrical from the ceiling to the wall so we could move the light fixture.
I just don't understand this towel bar...it was so high and so far from the sink...made no sense to me.
Fixing some mildew damage from a leaky pipe and moving electrical...Drum roll...the mostly finished product. I turned off the lights in this picture so you could see the color accurately. It looks really orange in pictures when I turn the light on.
We put in 12x12 Travertine that matches our 18x18 tiles in the kitchen. We also added a high baseboard, new vanity, lighting and fixtures and new toilet.
I'm still decorating and looking for new towels. I love how it turned out though! It's amazing how much bigger it feels since we removed the wall to wall cabinet that was previously there and put in something smaller that looks like furniture.
The former "sunlamps" are gone (they seriously produced a lot of heat and were ugly!) and now we have a nice light fixture on the wall. Ever since we finished the project Brooke has started going #2 on the potty...something we've been working on for months! I think she likes the new bathroom enough to sit and do her business.
As is true with the rest of the house...nice job by my hubby and all my appreciation for his hard work! One bathroom down, two to go!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm drooling....I can see some rich chocolate towels with that red in it - is that what you're looking for?

Lovin' on my Boys said...

So so beautiful... you guys are truly talented.

Triple Trouble said...

Looks so elegant. You should post your B&A photos on Rate my Space they look amazing.

Anonymous said...

This looks beautiful. I'll re-do my 1/2 bath if that's what it takes to get Nick to poop on the potty!:) We're having the same issue about #2. Kate

Hausfrau said...

Looks GREAT!

We are home. See you soon :)