Saturday, March 01, 2008

Making Peace, with Ann Jillian

Several weeks ago I compared Mckenna's haircut to that of actress Ann Jillian. I received this comment from Ann Jillian on one of my posts!

Well...supposedly Ann Jillian. I'm skeptical and have been interrogating my friends to no avail. My husband keeps telling me of rather common computer software that allows you to be notified when your name is used on a public domain and thinks that Jillian's management has such capabilities and they monitor how and when her name is being used.

Perhaps.

So, yesterday I received another comment on an older post after I mentioned Ann Jillian again after Mckenna's recent haircut. This time the comment was from Andy Murcia, Ann's manager and husband.

Perhaps.

I had my suspicions about one friend making the comments, but the most recent comment was posted while she is away in France. I suppose she could still have taken the time to research Ann's bio and then posted the comment impersonating Andy Murcia.

Perhaps.

I truly hope not...she is in FRANCE! Surely she has better things to do! And it could be someone else that decided to go the extra mile with this last post.

Perhaps.

Or perhaps Ann's husband/manager did comment on my blog. I read back through my posts to see if I had said anything offensive about the actress. I won't deny that my comparison of Mckenna's haircut to Ann Jillian was not necessarily complimentary...but that was 1980 and Ann no longer wears her hair in that exact style, either! I was complimentary of her character in the sit com It's A Living...I was even a fan. I also remember watching her with Bob Hope on the U.S.O specials.

So what is the point of this...I guess I just want to make peace with you, Ann. I meant no harm when I compared my daughter's haircut to your once trendy locks. I have great respect for anyone that is a breast cancer surivior, a supporter of the U.S.O, and a motivational speaker. I wish you nothing but the best and hope that you didn't internalize any of my comments too personally.

I've always tried to be a responsible blogger. It's a fine line in being able to freely speak my mind while being conscientious of my readers and my fan base. I've always assumed that I have a celebrity following. Why? Why not! Safe assumption, I assume!

So not only do I have to keep in mind the friends and family that follow my blog, now I need to keep in mind the managers, agents and celebrities!

So, I think this is a good time to try to clear the air with a few other people. Oprah. George Clooney. Julia Roberts. I hope I didn't say anything in previous posts to offend you. Call me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have peace - it's all in good fun. Thank you. Your husband is correct - I do subscribe to google alert which does in fact let us see every usage of Ann Jillian's name. This is a good thing in keeping informed. You're correct, Ann does not wear her hair in the dated page-boy style today. We do retain much affection for that page-boy style since it made us a very nice living that will send our son (16) to college one day. No apology necessary, we never felt insulted, I just could not resist the fun of commenting on your fine blog - all the best! Andy & Ann Jillian Murcia

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Is that for real? I'm still skeptical ;) But then again, I think it's only the people who comment that read my blog!

Chelle said...

Real or not, your post and those comments made me giggle! :)

Daisy said...

I'm all mad now. I never got a response fro Chris Botti on my post about HIM!!

--> Going off to sulk - wishing I WOULD get a response from Chris Botti! WOndering if he is just less computer savvy than Ms. Jillian.

Jodi said...

That is just the FUNNIEST thing EVER!!

once upon a lifetime said...

....... I am still skeptical!! Sorry!!! :) I think I might have to hold on to the idea of our friend or friends HUSBAND in france....
TOTALLY funny regardless of who it is!!

LDraper said...

This totally made me laugh out loud. Real or not, it made my day! :)

nilvento said...

How funny....and it truly is a small small world nowadays....

Now I wanna type Ann Jullian over and over again..tee hee hee

Kathy said...

This whole thing is hilarious. Trying to figure out if it could be real too, but you never know!!! Can I take some credit for all this?!!! Ha, ha, ha... : )

Traci said...

Regardless of whether it's real, you're hilarious. I loved your last paragraph--